Favorite Coffee Shop
- Coffee Obsession, Queens Byway, Falmouth, MA
- Good coffee, atmosphere, people - go today! Tell Hugh
that Geoff recommended the shop.
- The house breakfast blend is excellent!
- Kenya AA medium roast - fantastic made in a French press!
- Ethiopian Yirgacheffe medium roast
- Italian dark roast
- Segafredo Zanetti - decaf (very good - smooth!) or regular
Good Espresso Maker
- Krups Espresso Pronto
- I've had this pump machine for several years now. It makes fine
espresso with good crema, and foams milk, half&half, light
cream, or even heavy cream just fine (if you throw away the
dumb 'perfect froth' attachment!!). You wouldn't go too wrong
with this type of machine, typically available around $200.
- Hint: grind your own beans (Segafredo or an Italian
dark roast are both good). You need to experiment a bit to
get a grind that takes about 45 seconds for a ~1.5 ounce pour
( ~3 ounce for double). Also, the grinds will be slightly
different depending on whether you are using the single or
double shot insert in the head. AND (this is important!),
the espresso grind done at your coffee shop is probably way
too fine! Not to speak of how stale that 1/2 pound or pound of
pre-ground coffee will be by the time you reach the bottom of
the bag! Grind your own!!!
Yes, that's our favorite molecule!
This page maintained by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- last update: 1 Oct 2002
Return to Geoff's home page.